Counter bearing treatment

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 22:44:35 +0100

Hmm.... Why do both of my scaleing programs then demand to know this backlength
for all 88 strings. Also... when I fool around with this backlength (experimenting
with what the programs do and dont..) the figures for inharmonicity, tension, and
breaking point change significantly. Plus there have been several discussions on
this list which I have understood point to the importance of the backlength in
this regard... Have I missed something here ??? (grin.. wouldnt be the first time)

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway