Magic loop splice

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 03:00:28 -0600

>Now you're ready for the coup de grāce...splicing in a new segment with
>knots on both sides across the bass bridge.  Read about that one by Yat-Lam
>Hong (PT Journal, December 1977, page 6-15).  There's even pictures.
>
>Got to do it twenty years later on a M&H Model A.  Boy, was that ever
>exciting to make it happen!
>
>Keith McGavern

Wow! All that and still humble. That's scary. I am impressed.  8^)
With any luck at all, That one will never come up for me. Shouldn't there
be some sort of Splice Hall of Flame for this sort of stuff? I suppose the
problem would be in getting a claim validation committee together. I have
to admit that it's hard to picture that listed on a resume, assuming you
could get anyone to answer the phone once they checked the caller ID. Any
volunteers? Then there would be the difficulty of finding someone (anyone)
who actually cares one way or another, wouldn't there? That's a problem of
a whole 'nother magnitude. Sure is quiet out there ain't it? Hello...
hello... Well, heck, we know we did it, (once, anyway) don't we? Right arm!
Out of state! Farm out! (60's challenged, but recovering) Gimme four!
(sawmill workers' colloquialism) Ack! (generic commentary typical of "man
on the streets" type interviews) It's starting to look like a Polaroid
snapshot will have to suffice. Is there a "Land Book of World Records"?

I hereby claim amnesty under the "tying one on" clause of the international
bylaws.

We done good... knot! ( Wayne's World rip off, with spin)
Best, and with apologies,

Ron N