Stocking The Tool Box

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:06:52 EST

In a message dated 1/10/00 10:45:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
smccloud@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Thanks, Greg, for the reply.  Do you own the Astro van?  It's the only
 one with rear wheel drive.  I don't know how it compares to the
 Chrysler/Dodge or Aerostar/Windstar which are both front wheel drive
 (with their flaky transmissions).
     I'd buy a pickup with a shell for economy, but it's not convenient
 to lift tool boxes over the side of the bed.  I had a Taurus wagon,
 which was great convenience wise, but very unreliable.  I like the
 access of doors on the side.  Any Astro owners care to comment?
     Paul McCloud

I owned an 1985 Astro van until 1994 and put 125K on it. They are not very
good in snow unless it is an all wheel drive. I had the transmission rebuilt
twice and before I traded it in, it was burning a lot of oil.  If you decide
to purchase one, I hope they have improved the vehicles.  I now own a Toyota
4 wheel drive pickup and like you mentioned, they are more difficult in
moving your tools around.  Good running truck, though. I would like to go
back to a van in 1 or 2 years.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR