Pandoras can of worms (tool kit)OFFTOPIC

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:24:11 -0800

At 09:54 PM 01/11/2000 +1300, you wrote:
>This forum has got the better of me.  I'm going nuts..... I'm actually
>revealing to the world what I have in my tool kit - something I thought I
>would never ever do.  After all, would a woman go to the same extent of
>revealing what she has in her handbag?  I think not.  Anyway I've made out
>a list, purely for insurance reasons you understand, but I am prepared to
>make this available to the forum because you're all such a bunch of good
>guys (and girls).  The silly thing is though, the list is probably similar
>to everybody elses.  You can get the list as an a .rtf attachment by
>e-mailing me <mailto:bholden@wave.co.nz>bholden@wave.co.nz   Brian Holden

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, she said .... do I detect a
challenge?

My handbag is more like a suitcase. Reading glasses, dark glasses, large
datebook. Handkerchief.
Swiss Army knife. bandaids. bobbie pins (a couple). Kawai grand key, Yamaha
upright key, Wurlitzer key, on a ring with a 5 yen piece (from my college
roommate) and a nail clipper.
small maglight. folding toothbrush and small tube of toothpaste. dental
floss. antihistamine eye drops in hay fever season. Aspirin. Key to an Arts
Center. LDS keys on a big ring (in season). checkbook. French purse with
credit cards and cash, library card, etc. dental mirror (for piano work).
car and house keys (of course). Tickets to the Community Concerts (which I
tune for.) Musician's ear plugs. a few loose paper clips. A leather pouch
(used to hold a VERY EARLY HP calculator) with pens, a pencil (6B) and a
thickness gauge I use to put glue in cracks, also a small sharpener and an
eraser.

There's probably some more down in the depths ... oh, my business cards and
a felt mute for when I go to concerts and stuff the tuning hammer in, too.

How do you guys get along without all this good survival stuff? Pants
pockets just won't do it!

Susan

>but I am prepared to make this available to the forum because you're all
>such a bunch of good guys (and girls).

Yes, I can agree with that!

P.S. Brian, please send me your list. My kit has far too much in it, as well.