Mother & Me

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:44:47 -0500

> so they had to reformat the whole drive.

That was so STUPID!!!

They should have given you the option of buying a new hard drive.
$100 to $140 and you could have transferred all your data to the new
drive with no difficulty what so ever.  Even if the old one would not
boot the data on it was intact.  They would have made a little more
money and you would have saved hundreds and hundreds of hours
rebuilding a mere fraction of your data.

Some people or SO stupid!!!

		Newton (so sorry for your problem but I have NEVER lost a lot of
data, yet)

PS  I use a second drive and a program called DriveCopy that makes a
bootable copy of the main drive.  The copy drive is not kept in the
CPU which is open all the time.  Simple, effective, safe, elegant and
so _easy_.

		njh