Y2K/La Nina/ 50 degrees F in NE

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:51:45 EST

In a message dated 1/11/00 11:43:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
draine@mediaone.net (J Patrick Draine) writes:

<< Dear List,
 The phone ain't ringin', and part of the reason is the Grinch Stole Winter
 here in New England. While we've had a few bone chilling days and nights,
 there's been no snowfall, and we soon cycle back to weather from the high
 30s to 60 degrees! The relative humidity in my customers' homes is at 45 % !

The same has been the case here in the upper Midwest.  I have now lived here
over half my life, over 23 years, and I have never seen such a mild January.
The snow has all melted and only the shallow ponds have ice.  The lakes
don't.  It doesn't seem to have affected business though.  If this is global
warming, then I say I can live with it.

The Dampp-Chaser half tank humidifier in my piano still consumes 1/2 gallon
per week.   We still need heat and so the air is still on the dry side, it is
just not a severe as it usually gets and that's pretty good.

Regards,

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin