Archives trouble? and plate screws

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:33:32 -0500

At 11:40 AM 01/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>  New fasteners are not that great of an expense, but are not usually
>needfull from a structural point of view, in my opinion.  Whether or not
>cleaning/polishing/buffing old fasteners is an economical thing to do
>time/dollar wise is a totally different consideration though, huh?
>My view.
>Jim Bryant (FL)

For the price of new nickle plated screws and bolts it is not worth the effort
to clean and spray the old ones. The finished product looks much, much
better with all new nickle plated screws & bolts. I polish the nose bolts and
have not needed to replace the duplex rises yet.

Only when the fasteners are out of the ordinary will I recondition.

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net