Stocking The Tool Box

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 07:21:50 -0600

John Ross,

Hello to beautiful Nova Scotia!  BTW, There was another Hoffsommer
born in Greenwood recently, so watch out...
Don't worry,  they're only temporary anyway...

Paul Mc Cloud said:
>    I'd buy a pickup with a shell for economy, but it's not convenient
>to lift tool boxes over the side of the bed.

It isn't necessary to lift tools over the rail!   I have a Chevy S-10
extended
cab with third door on the driver's side.  My normal take-in-the-house tool
kit slides onto the floor right behind me in the cab, where is stays warm,
dry AND CLEAN.  No worries about soiling rugs, etc. by transferring
whatever detritus might be in the bed.  The bulk of my parts and supplies
stay in the back.  If I can't do the repair with the stuff crammed into my
toolbox and have to go out to the truck, the clock then starts clicking at
my repair rate.

The stuff in the back is ALL the way back, so all I have to do is drop the
tailgate and everything is right there.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College			-(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right
keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." - J. S. Bach