Stocking The Tool Box

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:05:42 -0400

Hi Paul,
I have a Dodge Mini-van, the longer one. It is my 4th. minivan, and I love
it.
I have never had any transmission problems.
I have the one with the two side doors, it is very convenient.
I have the seats removed, (good for resale)and a cabinet with drawers and
shelves for spare parts, secured to the seat anchors.
I used to repair electronic organs, and had room to move  one of them when
required.
I have about 97,000 miles on it, and the only problem has been the
air-conditioning.
I would recommend it. I like the front wheel drive, and have had no problem
in the snow.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Paul McCloud
Sent: January 11, 2000 2:38 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Stocking The Tool Box

Thanks, Greg, for the reply.  Do you own the Astro van?  It's the only
one with rear wheel drive.  I don't know how it compares to the
Chrysler/Dodge or Aerostar/Windstar which are both front wheel drive
(with their flaky transmissions).
    I'd buy a pickup with a shell for economy, but it's not convenient
to lift tool boxes over the side of the bed.  I had a Taurus wagon,
which was great convenience wise, but very unreliable.  I like the
access of doors on the side.  Any Astro owners care to comment?
    Paul McCloud