Tuning in where it is

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 22:24:08 -0800

Apparently those of the "one pass" use their SATs or RCTs in
a pitch raise mode which, so I've heard, leaves the piano in
decent shape when done.  I have yet to actually experience
this.  I will openly admit that I do not overshoot when pitch
raising.  I simply use my SATII with a FAC from the piano and
I go through once quickly up to pitch or with a slight rotation of
the lights towards the sharp side.  The second time through I
have never found it to have dropped 25% to 30% drop in pitch.
Maybe my rotation is more than slight...Anyway I can do a
reasonable tuning in two passes sometimes a quick once
more in the middle.  The bass always stabilizes quickly.

David I.

 Those who are making that "I only do one pass" claim
> are really fighting with the whole thing the whole way.  If it really does
> end up being a fine and stable tuning, it also can only end up being multiple
> passes condensed only into the mind as one.  How else could it take so long?
>
> Bill Bremmer RPT
> Madison, Wisconsin

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA