Dealin with Piano Manufactures

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:14:46 -0600

>Keith,
>
>>...Is this the complete Dampp-Chaser Climate Control system?
>
>Yes it is. It is a HM-2 Humidistat. Next to the piano is an electronic
>humidity gauge...

Just for clarification, a complete system would be at least one
dehumidifier rod, one humidistat, one low warning light, one humidity tank
with evaporator pads, one fill tube, and one watering can with humidifier
treatment solution.

>...I wondered though because my
>old Remington stayed in tune.

Some of those old uprights hold tune like the Rock of Gilbralter represents
stability.

>...It is hard to say if the pinao stays tuned as I practice temperments on int
>often. Seems better although 2 ot the pins turn almost by looking at them.

I don't deny the numbers you presented are pretty varied and certainly not
what I would like in a new piano, especially with the reputation of the
Charles Walters having been presented over the years as a fine piano
builder.

One recommendation I would make is not to use this particular piano for
tuning practice anymore until you, the dealer, and Charles Walters Company
have decided what course of action will be taken.

My opinion only, but it does appear you have just cause to be concerned

>Terry Jack...

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731