concert

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:46:22 PST

Hi Les,

  I have tuned for them numerous times.  They invariably come to talk with
me if they are around while I'm tuning and always express appreciation for
my work.  I just do a solid equal temperament for their concert and try to
keep the pianos in good shape all the time.

  One problem I have in tuning for their concert and others in the series
they play in is that the auditorium where the concerts take place is a very
old building, with no insulation, at a Christian conference center which was
originally only used in summertime.  Thus the temperature and humidity
fluctuate wildly during the day so we have worked out that the conference
center mainentance crews leave the heat on starting the day before the
concert and I tune the pianos as close to concert time the night before as
possible.

  Diane