bridals

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:25:28 -0600

Hi Terry,
             The pedal travel is excessive, glue a felt front rail punching
on to the trangular piece of white limit felt on the left hand side of the
hammer rail, it should cure the problem.
Roger

At 05:38 PM 10/01/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have an older Baldwin console (1967). While considered by Baldwin to be
a console,  at 40", it does have a partially dropped action, although the
keys still "push" rather than pull up on the action. I'm trying to regulate
the bridal strap wires, so that the strap will not pull up on the back
checks, causing the keys to "wink"..which they do to a great extent. It
seems that no matter how far i bend the wire forward, making the tape
exceedingly loose, it STILL manages to pull on the backcheck when the the
left pedal is depressed. Could this be because the tapes are too old and
stiff, and they will pull on the backchecks even before they straighten out
and become taught? I have a feeling that the bridal wires are just fine
where they're are, and that I just need NEW pliable and soft tapes. Am I on
the right track? (In case this is seems like a "no brainer" to all the pros
on this list, keep in mind that I'm still a newbie.) Thanks.

>P.S: To All those techs in the the South Bay area of SoCAL: See you at the
PTG meeting tomorrow night!

>Terry Peterson
>Loas Angeles, CA

>Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com