Dealin with Piano Manufactures

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 19:38:34 EST

You need to keep in touch.  That seems very inconsistent with a quality
manufacturer.  You should expect and even demand more consistently high
torque readings.  On a new piano they should be in the 100 or above range.
Don't let them go months and months.  You deserve a new piano, if you ask me.
 I would not want a "new" piano that had a tech pound in the pins to get
better torque readings.

Ed Tomlinson
Portland Oregon Chapter

<< Specifically my personal piano is a Charles Walter Studio. It is 4 years
 old. Has a Dampp Chaser since new. It is on inside wall away from heat,
 drafts, etc, etc.  My tuning pins have a torque of between less than 45 in
 lbs to over 115 in lb.  I am concerned about the very low ones of course. I
 wrote a letter to them explaining the situation and received a telephone
 call back from them saying they were looking into it.  This was in October.

 Is this normal or should I be doing something to follow up?

 Any suggestions will be appreciated very much.

 Terry Jack
 Asso member >>