Tuning in where it is

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 17:10:17 +0100

Grin... Dont really know what you are replying to Bill.. In any case I find
nothing to argue about in any of what you write below, and am in fact 100 %
aggreement (outside of the EBVT stuff of which I am unqualified to comment on as
yet.). But you included my comment as the root of your reply so either you
misread the context or I simply dont understand what you are trying to say.

In anycase, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the greatest majority of
cases (pianos waaaaayyyy below pitch) are due to present ownerships neglect and
not because of these very reasonable exceptions which you refer. And in these
greatest majority of cases I have no more then reasonable sympathy. Not enough
for me to do them any favours I am not going to get reasonably paid for anyways.
And besides.. its a great opportunity to afford them some positive education as
to what their piano is.

For the record tho... every time I do a double tuning, I leave the piano very
playable on the first visit. And in the case where there is some kinda family
concert and it simply has to be right on the money right then and there, I charge
double, do 3 hours plus of hard work, call my next tuning and reschedule it
(which I do not really like having to do) and tell the customer that they should
have the piano checked again within 6 months.

I do all this politely, friendlylike, and I am generally loved by everyone around
me.. grin.. so there !!

hehe

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.