Databases

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:31:19 EST

yardbird@sover.net writes:

<<
 The Holy Grail of piano technicians business software? Something
 universally acknowledged (as was the original Grail by King Arthur's
 knights) has to be vanillafied, and will then resemble more a plastic
 travel mug than a gleaming chalice. Business software works because it
 copies our processes, the ways in which we work. Everybody has her or his
 own way of running their own office. Successful business software works
 successfully, the more closely it copies us, becomes an extension of us.
 Which is why the people happiest with their business software are those who
 have taken a scriptable, buildable database app, and simply trained it do
 everything we do. Susan with MSWorks, Mark with Access, myself with Provue
 Panorama. Anybody else want to chime in here?

Dave with FileMaker Pro. Watch for upcoming PTG ads.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chaper
Oregon City, OR