Tuning it where it is

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 21:10:48 -0600

    Since I can normally do a pitch raise in two passes and leave it fairly
stable,
for about 30 years now, I've always charged half my normal tuning fee.
After explanations, cautions and warnings, I've never had a problem with the
extra charge.
    Being a musician also, I've always believed that unless there were
indications to
the contrary, a piano should be brought up to pitch as long as the owner was
willing to pay for it. You never know who's going to come in and play the piano
after you've tuned it. :-)  Just my opinion.

Avery