Tuning in where it is

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 21:22:46 -0500

OK, John. But a pitch raise of 50-100 cents adds time to my tuning.  If it's only 10-15 cents, no big deal...it can be done in one pass. But some pianos are way off and require 2-4 passes of fractions thereof.  I charge extra for the extra work. Some folks
don't want to pay extra! For these folks, I may raise it 10 cents and that it.

I do agree that if it needs to be at pitch, then do it! This nonsense of doing it over several tunings appears to be a way of getting extra tuning jobs.

--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild