Tuning it where it is

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:17:16 EST

draine@mediaone.net writes:

<<  a dollar a cent! I like it -- it's easy to explain to
 the customer, and even nicer in the bank account. Probably should take the
 exchange rate into consideration though ...

Patrick:
I have been using the dollar a cent for pitch raises for years now.  It is a
very concise way to explain to the customer what the raise is going to entail
in so far as time is concerned.  I've never had anyone balk at the extra
charge. I do sometimes lower the final expected fee if the pitch raise went
particularly well because the piano was in really good condition. Quoting the
dollar-per-cent fee and then actually charging less is also good customer
relations. When's the last time your friendly plumber did that for you?  And
if he did, didn't you appreciate the gesture?

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio