Peterson AutoStrobe

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:13:36 -0400

Hi,
Why don't you just buy a used SAT for a backup?
I just saved my old one ser.#162, as a spare. It has been upgraded with the
membrane switches and the FAC program.
There has to be a lot of used ones around, and you are familiar with how
they work, so you would not have to learn how to use it. You also know that
you can depend on the results it gives.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, nova Scotia, Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of pryan2
Sent: January 9, 2000 6:49 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Peterson AutoStrobe

Just read the Bill Prindle's article in the Journal about the Peterson
AutoStrobe tuner.  Although I use the SAT II (and don't mind the "blinking
lights"), If it goes south, however, I'm out of work while it's in the shop,
so lately  I have  been considering  buying a backup machine.   The article
speaks well of the Peterson.   I like its automatic note step-up, the
simplicity of setting the stretch and especially the price.  Bill  doesn't
mention it, but I assume it does not have a battery and would require a long
extension cord in my case.  Has anyone else had experience with this
machine?  Would it make a good backup, or is there a better solution?  I
would appreciate any input.

Phil Ryan
PTG Associate