New to list

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
8 Jan 2000 21:53:28 -0800

On Sat, 08 January 2000, John Lillico, RPT wrote:

> Hi Terry,

What in heck is an "ET" tuning? Is it something performed by an "illegal alien" or is it one done by a C'ET'? Perhaps you have the answer.

Sorry about that...I was just tryiing to abbreviate "electronic tuners"; speaking of which today I purchased a Tuner made by Seiko for about $250.00. Yeah, I know it's far from the best, but it's all my budjet can afford at the moment, and I was able to give my poor old piano a much needed pitch raise and rough tuning. I really want to hone my aural abilites which I know will take time. I am feeling more comfortable with my tuning hammer as time goes by. I'm finding it very hard though tuning the first and last octave. Even my Electronic tuner cannot distinguish tones that low or high. Also, I need to learn more about patial, beats, Equal Temperment an such. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks Everyone!

Terry

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com