New Masin Hamlin

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Fri, 07 Jan 2000 17:24:18 -0800

Frank Cahill wrote:

> Jon, the hammer line is not just sagging, it drops at least 1/2 inch
> about A4 or so. I've never seen such a misadjustment. Of course I'll
> check capstan, but I'm wondering if perhaps the springs in the whips
> need adjusting.

The only time I've seen what you're describing is when I'm half done
cranking up the hammer line. So, you might just check to see if the
capstan heads are suddenly at a lower height above the keysticks - as if
the factory regulator went on break and never returned - and you just
have to finish the job.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT