Solution to clicking baldwin

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 07 Jan 2000 11:16:48 -0600

>Ok, I'll bite. Why did the noise change?  I can't visualize why that would
>happen.

I'd guess that changing the post height (even slightly) changed the action
height, which was the rough equivalent of changing the capstan height,
which left the jack in a slightly different position at the bottom of the
keystroke, which changed the impact of the jack against the petrified butt,
which changed the noise. You buy that?

>Regarding the corfam on the butt. I'll admit I didn't think of it. I never
>thought that would create a problem. This shows to go ya, after 25 years in
>the business, you're never to old to learn something new.
>
>Wim

I've found you always have to change both the catcher and the butt leather
and do a full Corfam purge. Then, naturally, you get to regulate the action.

Ron N