CA vs Loose Pins

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Fri, 07 Jan 2000 11:24:40 -0500

Richard Brekne wrote:

> As for myself, there is no way I'd buy my 9 yr old a new piano if I
> could fix it
>
>> with CA...not if she were just starting.  In truth, she has been
>> playing about 4 or
>> 5 years, and I just purchased a new KAWAI vertical to replace my 80
>> yr old STEIFF.
>

> grin... who is the "she" we are suddenly talking about. ?? Kawai
> pianos are ok enough. Nothing wrong with an 80 year old Steiff either
> if it is in ok enough condition.

Richard, I was talking about my daughter. She started playing on the
Steiff, which had serious strutural problmes. Rebuilding would have cost
me about 9-10K in Washington DC. I'm not a rebulder.  Yes, I miss that
paino, but decided on  a new Kawai to replace it.

Take care, Richard.

--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild