Crack in Rim/ cracked Spinet

Mjacobucci@cs.com Mjacobucci@cs.com
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 05:42:57 EST

In a message dated 01/06/2000 8:33:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jonpage@mediaone.net writes:

<< I would still call this as "moving damage" whether or not they can pi
 it on someone in particular it should not be the burden of the customer.

 Jon Page

Sounds that way to me.  Could be deeper than can be seen from the surface.
Have an independent rebuilder look at.  I had a similar one today.  A spinet
which had been unprofessionally moved.  And got slammed around the truck on
the way.  The crack runs vertically between the cabinet and the
plate/soundboard/action rail.  It is separated on that side and you can move
it back and forth with your hand.  The other side feels tight but the veneer
cover piece in the back has been shoved up and over the cabinet edge. The
action, strings, etc.are pretty new and it plays provided you re-set the
jacks by hand after each strike.  The customer is fairly disappointed as one
would imagine.  He will now need to get it out of the upstairs bedroom closet
he wrestled it into and pay a real mover to bring it to a re-builder.

Mark Jacobucci
Laguna CA