New Masin Hamlin

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 23:58:09 -0700 (MST)

Hi Frank:

I hope you are not referring to the difference in height of the hammers
between the Bass section and the tenor section which is due to the
higher elevation of the Bass strings.

Any sudden change in the hammerline height in the middle of the piano
would indeed be cause for alarm. Since the keys are all mounted on
a continuous balance rail, I cannot see any possibility of the problem
being related to key height unless some little critters have eaten away
on the  backrail felt. Are the white keys fairly level?

I think that usually when you have action bracket problems it affects
all of the brackets. I would seriously doubt that any M & H pianos ever
had this problem.

Is there any additional information you can give us?

Jim Coleman, Sr.