Speaking of highly regarded american pianos.........................

Terry L Jack tjack@pacinfo.com
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 20:54:16 -0800

My personal studio upright piano was built by a "highly regarded" American
manufacture.  I bought this instrument new 4 years ago. At the time I had a
Dampp Chaser system installed. the piano is kept out of direct sunlight,
away from drafts, on an inside wall etc.  I have an electronic
temperature/humidity gauge next to it. I keep the humidity roughly between
40% to 50% = or - a couple during the year.

My challenge is I have tuning pin torque between less than 45 inch pounds to
115 inch pounds.  I have contacted the manufacture in writing in October
1999.  I received a phone call from them acknowledging they had gotten the
letter and said they would get back to me.

My concern is that a new piano with only 45 inch pounds of torque on the pin
is not good as you all know.  At this rate the piano will not last long. It
is supposedly warranted 12 years.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to my next step?  As many of you know, I
am a new tech so I have little experience working with factories.  Maybe
this is the normal routine.  Set me straight if I need it.  *smile*

Thanks

Terry Jack
Asso. Member
Eugene, Oregon Chapter