Heavy touch & no dynamic range

John Lau lau@mda.ca
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 13:54:26 -0800

To Bill Bremmer

Your explanation makes absolute sense, given the dimensions and
the geometry of the parts, the displaced contact point might result
in a 15% to 20% difference in leverage and hence touchweight. More
on this later.

To Jim Coleman, Sr.

So far I don't have any other evidence of a fall/drop during handling
so I assume that it is not the case. Otherwise this may mean more
potential problems in the future. The action can be removed without
noted difficulty although I notice that the center two  metal uprights
don't sit properly on the bottom supports. This has always bothered
me.

Richard Brekne

The 1098 does not have a screw as you described, so I guess this
is not the cause in this case.

To Newton Hunt

Agreed, please see my response to Bill above, I like your solutions too.

To Bob Davis

I tried having the front board off, it makes a big difference, the sound
is more brilliant (not metallic). But unfortunately it still doesnot give
the range. The down weight averages about 54 gms, the up weight
varies a bit.

Again, thanks for all your input, I will update you all with new
developments. Regards