collecting payments

Cameron Jacobi harlip58@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:32:05 -0800 (PST)

I am a piano technician in Great Neck, NY, servicing
homes, schools, churches and organizations, ie.
theater groups, arts councils, etc.  When I tune for
schools, churches or theaters I have to send or leave
bills for services performed and wait for payment.  I
am considering printing payment terms on my bills,
specifying a time frame and a penalty if that time
frame is not met.  What are generally accepted terms
in the piano service business?