Moby Piano and other horror stories

Mjacobucci@cs.com Mjacobucci@cs.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:34:14 EST

Thanks for the advice you guys.  I appreciate it.

I have had some experience in knowing when to get-outta-Dodge.  Once I got a
call for another grand in Laguna Beach - ocean front house in the middle of
being renovated.  The piano was a mid-sized grand painted white with antiqued
green finish (rococco styling).  Lifted the lid and was flabbergasted to see
the entire plate (including the strings, coils, and pins) spray-painted gold
(obviously from a can) and about 1/4 in of dirt and sand! on the sound board.
 The rest of the strings (where there was no paint) were just rust.   I
closed the lid said TBNT,  recommended they go look at the new Yamahas or
Baldwins.