clicking baldwin

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:20:03 EST

baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca writes:

<< The front rail felt punchings on this vintage are quite
 spongy, on a forte blow it's a good chance that the front of the key is
 just 'tickiing' on the keyslip. If so install a set screw into the action
 frame to bow out the keyslip a little.
 Some of the butt sping coils can also exhibit this symptom, if so, take a
 long pair of tweezers and move the butt spring coil a little.
 Let us know how you make out.
 Regards Roger >>

Roger

I checked the front rail situation, and all is ok.

I disengaged the hammer butt spring, but the clicking is still there.

Thanks

Wim