Closet Pipe Benders Anonymous

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Tue, 04 Jan 2000 21:22:51 -0600

Dear Ron,

Okay, I am out of the closet now!  About 2 weeks ago I was repairing a
split pinblock/backframe on a older Baldwin studio piano.  I used pipe
clamps (with 3/4" black pipe), and I managed to get the gap closed with a
nice even epoxy squeeze out.  One pipe clamp screw kept tightening and
tightening but it was easier and easier to turn the more I tightened!  The
3/4" black pipe had broken at the threaded end!  I guess I don't know my
own strength!

Here is a question for anyone to answer:
What are the best heavy duty clamps that you use and like?  Names, Model
Numbers, Prices and Where to Buy Info appreciated!

>I did  learn that there is at least one other closet pipe clamp
>bender out there. Go in peace, O' ye of heavy hand, for the meek shall
>inhibit the earth.
>
>Press on,
>
>Ron N

The meek shall inhibit the earth?  Nice typo!

Sincerely,
David Vanderhoofven