CLAMPS

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 04 Jan 2000 09:02:41 -0600

>Hi Ron,
>
>I have used galvanized pipe and gas pipe.  I have found that gas pipe
>will hold the tail better than galvanized and it is stronger.
>
>Next question: what are you damaging so much that you need so much
>pressure?  I know it is hard to keep the kids down but steel rod?
>Ouch!
>
>		Newton

Hi Newton,
Yea, I suspected that black iron gas pipe would be stronger, but galvanized
is what I happened to have. Since I was going to have to replace the pipe
anyway, with no firm idea of how *much* stronger the gas pipe would be, I
just went with factor of ten overkill. As it turned out, the bar was super
cheap anyway. I bought an 11'+ length for a little over $5. From this, I
made six clamps to use for bending new tenor bridges. I don't usually need
such crushing power, but I'd like it to be there when the glue is down, the
clock is ticking, and the sucker is fighting back. With the bar
substitution, I should be able to do the job with just these six clamps
instead of having to back fill with my big F clamps. At least, that's the
intention. You know, "Spare the rod..."

Ron N