Jan.04,1980 >> CLAMPS

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 03 Jan 2000 18:09:48 -0600

>Geez you just can't do anything right huh?  It should be "and to whom am I
>speaking" Please!
>:-)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Well, you got me there, and since no traffic is apparently better than non
technical traffic... here's a little technical tip from your Uncle Ron so's
I don't lose my place in line.

Either galvanized iron pipe is getting softer, or I've lost all contact
with any level of finesse (Yea, Jim, I know, and any trace of social
propriety too), but I have finally gotten tired of bending pipe clamps and
did something about it. I went to my local salvage yard during last week's
bandsaw modification shopping trip and picked up some steel rod of an
appropriate diameter. I cut it into the lengths I needed, threaded one end
of each piece, and assembled a half dozen killer/masher clamps suitable for
putting ridiculous levels of pressure on small defenseless objects. The
final result is a lot heavier than the engineered spec, but I should be
able to do considerably more damage with these.

Ron N