Dust Collectors

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 17:14:56 -0500

****** WHOA THERE JOHN!!!!!  BEFORE YOU USE IT FOR BRIAN'S PURPOSE - (
LACQUER FUMES AND THE LIKES)  I GET THE IMPRESSION FROM WHAT YOU HAVE
WRITTEN THAT YOUR AIR CLEANER WORKS VIA IONIZATION - NOT A GOOD MIX WITH
FLAMMABLE SUBSTANCES AS THERE ARE/CAN BE SPARKS WITHIN THE UNIT.  Fine in
the office for cigarette smoke, but not for flamable substances -
especially as flammable as lacquer.
I hope that I have misread what you have written so don't hesitate to
correct me if I have misunderstood what you are describing.
John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.

Hi John R.,

I grant you that no electrical appliance is a good mix with flammable substances, vapors, etc., be they compressors, sanders or even the flip of a light switch. Common sense would dictate that lacquers and other combustibles should be used only in a well ventilated area thus reducing the risk of explosion, not to mention personal health.

Although these electronic air cleaners are not classified as "explosion proof", they are being successfully used in environments such as auto body shops and furniture refinishers without problem because the production of O3 (activated oxygen) will drastically reduce the volatile chemicals in the air.

With all due respect, a literary work here on ionization production would not serve the purpose of this list for the answer may already reside above.

Sincerely,

John Lillico, RPT,
Oakville, Ontario, Canada