Jan.04,1980

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 01 Jan 2000 12:52:23 -0800

At 11:46 AM 01/01/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Your computer is not Y2K compliant.  Your system BIOS does not understand
>the year '00, so it is defaulting to it's earliest possible date.
>
>Don Mannino

Hello, all.

Interesting that that's how an elderly BIOS would display.

My new computer laughed its way right through the changeover, but the old
486 ...
I visited McAfee's Y2K site with it, and it repeatedly seized up as soon as I
tried to get the site to diagnose it online. So, yesterday evening at about
10 p.m. I reset its clock to 12/31/71.

I suppose you could call this DaD. (Dodge and Duck)

I wish all of you the happiest of millennia. Seeing a good cross-section of
the celebrations, from the South Sea Islanders with the traditional torches
all the way back around to American Samoa, I think we're off to a good start.

Susan