warped main action rail?

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:19:10 +0100

Question... did you tighten the action mount screws with the action mounted in
an action swivel ?? (one of those handy dandy jigs from old APSCO for working on
actions). If so then thats probably your problem and it is easily solved my
loosening the action bracket screws just a bit then re-install momentarily in
the piano so that it fits easily, then take out and screw tight once again. ...
Otherwise... grin... then perhaps you got some work in front of you.. If the
main rail is warped you should be able to identify that easily enough by
measuring out from the strings at several places up and down.. a warp will show
up quickly enough ... but really.. if its a warp that is causing the problems
you describe.. you'd think you'd be able to eyeball the problem..

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.