Amusing tortures for "pianos"

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 14:39:38 +0200

I seem to remember something like that, but it was all done with karate. Saw
it on TV long before I was into pianos.

Brian Lawson
PTG Assc, MPT.
Johannesburg, South Africa

Dear List,

I believe there was once a competition between some university students and
a group of piano techs which involved getting a moderately sized piano
through a hole approximately 50 or 60cm to all sides(yeah, just convert it
you Yanks out there).

This probably entailed a chainsaw, a hacksaw, an impact drill etc.

I think the students won because the techs were a little bit too methodical
whereas the students just totally destroyed it.

Kristinn Leifsson
Reykjavík, Iceland