Tightening the plate...

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 02:39:34 +0100

Frank Weston wrote:

> [...]

Grin... Frank da.... of course one should excercise due care, and one should
know what one is doing,, that being said.. if the screws are indeed loose... and
if you are in possession of such judgement skills that you know that they are
loose... then they need tightening.... or what ????  This is not so difficult to
figure out really. As with everything else we do, we need to know when and when
not to do a thing, and then how to go about it.

btw.. not all manufactures use dowels, not all use the system Brian scetched for
us... there are several methods employed for fastening plates to the rim.  But
none of these include leaving the bolts / screws / whathaveyou... loose. Loose
is loose... am I right or am I right ??

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.