Tightening the plate...

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:08:03 -0500

Standard procedure. But not at every tuning. Once every ten years or so.
You'd be surprised how loose they become over the years.

Start in the bass corner and work your way to the treble and around the plate.

Newer Baldwin grands do not require this however with their threaded plate
system.

Regards,

Jon Page

At 08:28 AM 02/25/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Why would you want to tighten the plate screws?
>
>Frank Weston

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net