Balance pin holes

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:15:50 -0800

The Yamaha tool is shaped like > except rounded at the end,
not pointed.  It naturally gives the mortice up from the balance
hole that shape while easing.  I have massaged the wood on
the bottom to close the hole if too big.  Just the wood directly
in the middle of key on the fore and aft of the hole, not the
sides which would affect key height.

David I.