Cleaning primary valves

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 02:41:13 -0600

I have a Standard action that several of the primaries don't seem to seat
properly.  Does anyone have a way they have cleaned under these valves? I
have lifted and "puffed" but I am thinking of using something like blotter
paper, or thin cloth glued to a playing card to slide underneath.  I don't
want to stress the leather facing, but I don't see how I can get under there
with other than air.  Perhaps "air in a can"?   I am pretty sure there is no
leak from the tubing.
    Now if the leather facing is deterioated, how the heck does one
dissassemble these valves?  I will post to MMD if my primary well of info
comes up dry.  ; )   ---ric