The Plate

Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:52:57 -0500

If you have spray equipment, spray the plate with bronze powder suspended
in lacquer.  If there are fish eyes from contaminants, spray at least one
pass of a 1 lb. cut of shellac over the problem area before top coating
with the bronze colored lacquer.  Top the color coats with 1-2 coats of
clear lacquer.  I like satin.

If using spray cans, you may have better luck with a 'metallic bronze' or
'metallic gold' enamel.  The lacquer in retail spray cans is second rate,
at best.  Again, shellac will provide a great barrier coat should
adhesion problems from contaminants be present.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com