Convention 2000/CA State Convention

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:01:09 EST

Hi, Terry:

Just got back last night, and really had a blast at the CA State Convention
(although I missed the Sun night banquet/Steinway artist concert, which I
hear was exquisite).

A great job was done by the Santa Clara chapter to put this on.  The Marriott
facilities at Santa Clara were great, and the support the chapter gave to the
programs appeared extraordinary.   A great range of programs and instructors
- sorry you missed it, Terry - many of the state conventions and regional
conferences rival the annual convention in quality - the problem is that you
have to sometimes sacrifice one class for another, so I missed David Hughes
on bridge replacement, Dale Erwin on soundboard replacement, and Richard
Davenport on "What if" re: action geometry.  But I came away with four
sessions with Stanwood, as well as Nick Gravagne and Bob Marinelli's class on
moving knuckles (really on action geometry/lever design, complete with
Richard's friendly barbing from the back) - and other fine classes.  Much
more, Terry, but hope you make the Annual in July, and are actively attending
your LA chapter meetings and have succeeded in hooking up with a tech in his
shop!  You are welcome to visit the Pomona Valley Chapter meeting the second
Monday of March, at the Upland Methodist Church on 262 N. Euclid, Upland
(Just a couple blocks N. of I-10).  I will give the program, an overview of
Steinway vertical history, service and rebuilding, and we will have reports
on the CA State Convention.  See you there?

Sincerely,

Bill Shull
University of Redlands, La Sierra University, Riverside City College

In a message dated 2/22/00 10:32:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,