peeling decals

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 00:38:21 -0600

Greg,
         It's new stock on the floor. Probably 2 or 3 months old. RH in the
store is kept at 30% at this time of year, for what it is worth.
I think the problem is the self adhesive on the decal and no top coat.
I can't think of a reason why it would not work on any sound board finish.
I put a little dab on the underside of the board with a small artist brush
to test. that's how I found out that it attacks the finish.
The end result was that it fused the decal to the board. I'm wondering if
the opposite side of the decal is going to curl???????????  Time will tell
roger

At 12:35 AM 22/02/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Roger,
>    Thanks for the reply! What was the vintage of this Wurly? This sounds
like
>a good possibility for an acceptable repair. Will this work with any finish
>Samick may have used?
>    Greg
>
>Roger Jolly wrote:
>
>> Hi Greg,
>>              I've had it happen on the wurlitzer product, I fitted a long
>> thin plastic tubing to a Red HOT STUFF bottle, got a few small dabs, under
>> the label and sqeegyed the label with a stiff piece of card stock. The CA
>> glue kind of attacks the finish so be very careful. I ended up with just a
>> small tell tale ring around the decal. <g>  P.S. Not enough to been seen
>> easily.
>> Hope this helps.
>> Roger
>>
>> At 11:44 PM 21/02/00 -0500, you wrote:
>> >Greetings folks,
>> >    I have a customer who has a rather unique problem to me. They
>> >purchased a Kohler & Campbell (Samick) grand about 5 yrs ago or so. This
>> >piano now has a soundboard decal that is peeling up to the point that it
>> >is interfering with the strings. Has anyone seen this before? What did
>> >you do about it? Should it just be removed or can I somehow reapply some
>> >sort of adhesive without removing strings. You replies are grreatly
>> >appreciated.
>> >                    Greg Newell
>> >
>> Roger Jolly
>> Saskatoon, Canada.