Journal articles - Lyre disassembly?

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 00:15:34 -0600

> > Hi list!
> >
> >  Does anyone have a journal index showing what Journals may have had
> > articles on Lyre disassembly, particularly Steinway? I have the
> > Pianotech archive Q&A already.
> >
> > Thanks very much!
> >
> > Mike
> > --
> > Mike McCoy - RPT

I assume you mean lyre disassembly for Steinway  to mean the "pedal box" at
the bottom of the lyre.   The one or two I disassembled were self evident.
Un screw them and there it is.  The cloth over the pins was felt-cloth not
pure felt. I am sure the Steinway technical manuel must have some
instructions on this. Like how to get the lyre off the piano.    Its on a
plate that kicks forward or backward with a rubber mallet. Ask your friendly
local piano mover.    t. ---ric