Yamaha Spinet

Jerry Hunt piano_tunertx@yahoo.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:35:53 -0800 (PST)

The piano was a 30 year old Yamaha spinet with a
broken hammer shank. I was able to remove the hammer
butt withouth removing the action (thanks to my long
flange screw screwdriver). Not having arms like an
octopus, I don't think I'll be able to get the hammer
butt back in without removing the action.

This spinet has the metal forks clipped to rubber
grommets and they are really hard to remove. My
questions are this:
1) Is there a way to put the hammer back in without
removing the action?
2) Assuming the answer to 1) is no, is there some
trick to disconecting the forks from the grommets?

Thanks.

Jerry Hunt
Associate member PTG
Dallas, TX