d.c. clips

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:10:11 EST

In a message dated 2/19/00 11:14:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jaymercier@hotmail.com writes:

<< List,

 Yesterday I was in the middle of installing a D.C. unit in a console and all
 of a sudden the plastic clip that holds the humidistat on the heater bar
 snapped.  Since this was the first clip to ever snap for me, I thought I
 applied too much pressure or something.  So I tried the second clip and that
 too cracked in half.

 Any history of these plastic snaps going bad?  I purchased the unit from
 Schaff. >>

I haven't had much time to participate on the List lately but I did read this
and the answer is YES, I had the same problem.  I was installing a
Dampp-Chaser system in a vertical piano and BOTH clips broke when trying to
use them in the normal manner.  It cost me a little time but fortunately, I
had a couple of spare ones.

I thought this was just an anomaly but I am beginning to suspect that there
is a bad batch of clips being distributed.  If you cannot complete your
installation in the allotted time because of something like this, it kills
your profit entirely.  If this is indeed a problem, it needs to be fixed
right away.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin