Wapin Bridge

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:43:43 -0500

Good evening Gentleman Jim,

I think that the answer lies in the difference between a "patent" and a
"trademark."

I'm sure there's a class to cover this at the Institute in Arlington this
summer but my eyes are too tired to check my list tonight. <grin>

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Assistant Director - PTG National Institute
July 5-9, 2000 - Arlington, VA
email:  agilreath@mindspring.com
Visit the Institute 2000 web page at:  http://www.equaltemperament.com/PTG/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 5:36 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Re: Wapin Bridge

In a message dated 2/15/2000 5:00:43 PM, Richard wrote:

<<Perhaps you were not aware that even Steinway gave up on holding on too
these
patents with such an over driven sense of protectionism...>>

Oh??? is that a fact???  Then why do you have to get "authorized" S&S decals
from and "authorized" Distributor and swear to use them only on S&S
pianos....and why did Bob Pierce have to stop selling
them.....................and why can you not use the S&S logo on merchandise
at your pleasure...??
I thought "patents" had a finite life so that companies can't "hold on to
these patents"...am I mistaken??

just a couple of questions??
Jim Bryant (FL)