doping pinblock/piano upside down

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:19:11 -0600

List,

Just wanted to let you all know how the repair job turned out on the Baldwin
Monarch baby grand that I asked about last week.

Turned the little guy over without any trouble. Then CA glue in the pinblock
from the underside of the block and let it dry for about 4 hours. Turned it
over, and was disappointed at the results since there were several pins
still too loose. Then I applied CA from the top and things began to be much
improved.  The piano is now sort of tuneable--everything except for really
fine tuning, which is not extremely important on this piano anyway.

I ran out of CA or would have done a third application from the top. After
the next application (must order more CA), things should be pretty good
considering where this piano was originally. Some of the pins even required
a good deal of effort to turn after the initial breaking free.

Thanks all for your help and advice.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS